Standardization activitiesKemesta has set up national standardization committees in those areas which are important for Finnish industry and commerce or which have a significant importance in general in the field of chemical, forest and paint industry. These committees act as national mirror committees and they give the Finnish contribution to European and international standardization work within their scope. National standardization committees are permanent bodies and they consist of a chairman from industry and a secretary from Kemesta office and numerous experts who are signed and paid the committee fee.
At the moment there are 17 national mirror committees, which have about 100 technical experts:
- Bio-based products (follow also standardization of Biosurface active agents)
- Chain of custody of wood and wood-based products
- Fertilizers and liming materials
- Hydrogen and analysis of gases
- Paints and varnishes
- Paper, board and pulps
- Solid biofuels
- Sustainability criteria for biomass (joint group with Finnish Petroleum and Biofuels Association)
- Transportable gas cylinders
- Workplace exposure and health risk of chemicals
Each national standardization committee participate the work of one or several CEN and/or ISO technical committees. Committees are open for all experts who are willing to participate.
Kemesta association has also standardization activities, where there are not yet set up national standardization committees. Those activities are taken care of by Kemesta office:
- Surface active agents
National standardization committees will be set up also for above standardization areas, if enough interest of the work are found from industry.